BTS Research a well-established, diverse, stable yet growing CRO in beautiful San Diego is seeking a highly motivated, detail orientated, well organized, and skilled In Vitro Laboratory Technician I who loves overcoming challenges, enjoys creating and maintaining positive team relationships and shares our passion for innovation, quality work and producing results that will continue to lead BTS to the next level.
We have earned the right to become a trusted source of high quality by serving clients in major high growth verticals such as pharmacology, toxicology, investigational new drug processes, disease models, medical devices, In Vitro, In Vivo and housing vivarium services for many years.
We are revamping our infrastructure to impact the future of helping innovating pharmaceutical and biotech companies bring safe, effective medicines to market sooner — bring your unique talents and skill to our team and make a big impact. To drive continuous improvement throughout the organization it is essential that the Lab Tech I’s be able to effectively work in a team of capable resources working in a collaborative environment while being a part of a developing a culture of accountability, empowerment, continuous improvement, customer focus, collaboration, celebration of good work, involvement and development.
Although timeliness is essential, it is imperative to understand the importance of maintaining and understanding accurate timelines, accurate supply levels and communicating to the Department Manager(s) to successfully execute all the duties and responsibilities of this evolving position
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The position of a Lab Tech I is responsible for helping BTS Research meet their goals in serving and maintaining clients and engaging in a number of projects in parallel, with multiple responsibilities in preclinical research. As a Lab Tech I, you will be responsible for supporting studies assigned to the team by consistently executing procedures according to protocol and associated SOPs in GLP and non/GLP settings. The work schedule for the Lab Tech I is established based on operational demands and may fluctuate based on the changing needs of the InVitro Department.
The duties presented are only a summary of duties. The Lab Tech I’s serve as the points of support for In Vitro activities in all of our facilities therefore they are people of high integrity.
- Maintain and organize cell biology laboratory space, cell bank, fridges and freezers.
- Maintain and organize laboratory space and provide technical support to research team.
- Place purchase orders
- Maintain and expand cells in culture.
- May provide technical support to research team .
- Will be trained to analyze blood samples.
- Effectively communicate to senior management and project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 1 year working experience in a laboratory setting.
- Cell culture experience is a plus.
- Ensure effective internal communication to project teams and senior management.
- An extremely high level of motivation and attention to details.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to business ethics.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or equivalent experience in immunology, cell biology or a related, relevant discipline.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & SKILLS
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following equipment and tools:
- Knows to use protective devices: gloves, goggles, mask, non-skid water safe shoes, etc.
- Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Always uses products and/or machines as recommended by the manufacturer’s safety instructions.
A great working culture that genuinely cares and wants to see you grow, and whose leaders are continually sharing their knowledge and experience. We encourage growth, and present a great career path for the earnest and capable, without the limitations found in other places. Our team takes pride in being a reliable service provider, and continually seeks opportunities to grow in quality and efficiency in areas we serve — Come grow with us!
- Full time position with a competitive base salary.
- Great benefit package after successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Health & Dental
- Paid Time-Off
- Above all a positive supportive company environment.
- Must be eligible for work in the United States of America.
To join our team as a contributing member of our research programs targeted for discovery through IND send your Resume WITH Cover Letter, Salary History & Requirements, AND three (3) professional references (in Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org