BTS Research a well-established, diverse, stable yet growing CRO in beautiful San Diego is seeking a highly motivated, multi-tasking detail orientated, well organized, and skilled Research Scientist who loves overcoming challenges, enjoys creating and maintaining positive team relationships and shares our passion for innovation, quality work and producing results that will continue to lead BTS to the next level. Must enjoy a fast pace environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (Preferred)
- In Vivo research support and drug development.
- Assess and document clinical observations, body weight data, food consumption data, environmental data, and other data on the appropriate data collection system (or by hand when necessary).
- Interpret protocols.
- Ensure studies are conducted according to protocol, Standard Operating Procedures and government regulations.
- Must learn to utilize computer software for forms and procedure generation.
- Perform basic dosing techniques and restraint procedures.
- Must learn advanced dosing and clinical sampling techniques.
- Maintain well documented laboratory records according to GLPs.
- Review own data and identify potential problems.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and corrective action, when necessary.
- Ability to accurately read, record, and communicate information.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals.
- Must be flexible and open to new tasks and challenges
- Sound reasoning ability to prioritize, act and effectively work with other departments.
- Able to multi-task and execute with precise attention to detail.
- Good record keeping and attention to detail essential.
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills are a must; Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Most importantly we seek individuals who exemplify our BTS Team values:
- Honest Communication
EDUCATION &/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, with an Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology.
- Minimum of six months experience at the level equivalent to a Study Technician I or qualified Internship
- AALAS certification at Laboratory Animal Technician level desirable.
- Full time position.
- Starting Pay: $14.00 per hour.
- Great benefit package after successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Health & Dental
- Paid Time-Off
- Above all a positive supportive company environment.
- Must be eligible for work in the United States of America.
To join our team as a contributing member of our research programs targeted for discovery through IND send your Resume WITH Cover Letter, Salary History & Requirements, AND three (3) professional references (in Word or PDF format) to email@example.com