BTS Research a San Diego based company, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Scheduler/Buyer Coordinator who loves a challenge, enjoys creating and multi-tasking, coordinating different projects and shares our passion for innovation, and quality work that create results. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a proven track record who is entrepreneurial, looking to increase valuable biotech experience in a growing company AND wants to be a part of cutting-edge projects that impact lives of millions of people.
BTS Research is a well-established, diverse, stable yet growing CRO with long-term goals. We have earned the right to become a trusted source of high quality by serving clients in major high-growth verticals such as pharmacology, toxicology, investigational new drug processes, disease models, medical devices, In Vitro, and housing vivarium services for many years.
We are revamping our administrative infrastructure to impact the future of helping innovating pharmaceutical and biotech companies bring safe, effective medicines to market sooner — bring your unique talents and skills to our BTS Team and make a tremendous impact!
SCHEDULING (50 — 60%)
• Coordinate, and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly staff and client schedules.
• Inform Study Directors of schedule changes and update systems accordingly.
• Find alternate coverage or alternate work for Study Techs and arrange for PTO coverage.
• Schedule make-up time to maximize contract fulfillment Participate in staff efficiency and contract fulfillment initiatives.
PURCHASING (30 — 40%)
• Conduct supplier surveys.
• Maintain supplier file.
• Supplier correspondence.
• Assist in supplier negotiations, beyond pricing.
• Collecting supplier performance metrics.
• Raw material inventory and forecasting.
• Assist in the organization of supplier audits.
• Assist manufacturing in improving supply chain management and business continuity though supply chain management.
• Create, implement, and maintain purchasing documentation and procedures.
• Maintain the Approved Supplier List (ASL).
• Assist in the maintenance of the Asset database.
• Improve and Maintain part number documentation and procedures.
• Create, submit, follow-up, and reconcile purchase orders with suppliers.
• Coordinate with suppliers and manufacturing to meet the material needs of manufacturing (obtaining new/specific lots, product specifications, MSDS, CofA, etc.).
• Maintaining the food and beverage inventory in the kitchens.
• As a backup for Receiving and Shipping, performing duties in these departments when necessary and for periodic training maintenance.
FRONT OFFICE (Back-Up)
• Reception area — Greet and receive all employees and guest via: face-to-face, telephone, email, etc.; ensure a positive first impression of BTS.
• Ensure all guest have signed guest book and have the best customer service and direct scheduling experience.
• Receive and distribute: mail and packages (i.e. FedEx, etc.)
• General Office Support. (Filing in a timely manner, data-entry, etc.)
• Schedule and coordinate conference calls, meetings and Main Conference Room.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Commitment and punctuality.
• Professional demeanor and excellent phone etiquette at all times.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is constant.
• Strong work ethic, above average organization skills and excellent attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION
• At least 1 year experience in either B2B / customer service.
• 2+ years of proven experience. (Preferably in science field).
• Medical Device, Biotech, or Pharma experience is a plus.
• AA degree or higher is a plus).
• Must be an articulate and superior communicator over the phone.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain an outgoing and positive attitude.
• Strong PC knowledge. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Must be coachable and easy to work with.
• Excellent communication skills to deliver face-to-face and web-based presentations; conduct business in a variety of traditional and non-traditional methods such as: email, telephone, in person and others. Customer-service centered mentality.
• Team player with a positive attitude. Excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate with all management levels both internally and externally.
Most importantly we seek individuals who exemplify our BTS Team values:
• Honest Communication.
• Full time position with competitive compensation.
• Great benefit package after 90-day probationary period.
– Paid Time Off
• Above all: a positive, supportive company environment.
BE PART OF OUR GROWTH!
Please send your Resume with Cover Letter, Salary History and 3 professional references (in Word or PDF format) to HR@BTSresearch.com