BTS Research and Cell Biology Department is seeking an innovative and highly motivated scientist with expertise in immunology and/or cancer to provide nonclinical in vitro cell biology and immunology expertise for the evaluation of drug candidates. This individual will provide scientific expertise and develop cell based assays.
A successful candidate will build strong internal scientific expertise, and introduce new techniques and models for the evaluation of biologics and small molecules targeting the immune system
– Develop and validate efficient molecular and cell-based screening assays to critically evaluate novel agents
– Design, coordinate and execute key in vitro proof-of-concept studies
– Identify, evaluate, and support relevant external collaborations
– Participate in multidisciplinary team efforts through leading specific parts of the project
– Present regular research updates to project teams and R&D management
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs). The individual will be responsible for the planning, implementation and organization of nonclinical studies.
• Develop and optimize functional cellular immunological assays using primary cells from humans and non-human primates
• Evaluate drug candidates in biochemical and functional assays
• Execute assay qualification and validation and sample testing in a timely manner
• candidate will report directly to director
• May supervise direct reports
• Prepare study synopses, protocols and study reports to support nonclinical development of drug candidates
• Interact/collaborate with various BTS Research functions, business partners, as necessary to ensure appropriate/timely progression of projects
• Effectively communicate nonclinical findings and their relevance to senior management, project teams, collaborators
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Required: Doctorate (Ph.D.) or equivalent experience in immunology, cell biology or a related, relevant discipline.
• Minimum of 2 years post-doctoral experience focused on innovative research in immunology with proven achievements in industrial or academic settings
• Direct experience with T, monocyte, platelet cell functional assays
• Strong understanding of drug development, as well as a strong understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs)
• Experience supporting the development of small molecules, biologics and/or other therapies
• Strong critical, scientific, and strategic thinking skills; Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
• High level of initiative, independence, and ability to work unsupervised
• Ensure effective internal communication to project teams and senior management
• An extremely high level of motivation and a sustained record of accomplishment throughout your career
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment
• Strong commitment to business ethics
• In depth knowledge of, and hands-on experience with cell based assay development,
• Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
BTS Research offers a comprehensive benefits program including: paid vacation, sick and personal time, 401(k) plan, medical & dental. BTS Research is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer we do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, qualified veteran’s status, genetic condition or information, age, qualified physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, or any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
Please submit resume with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Minimum of 2 years post-doctoral experience