BTS Research a well-established, diverse, stable yet growing CRO in beautiful San Diego is seeking a highly motivated, detail orientated, well organized, and highly skilled Study Tech II & III for our InVivo Lab who loves overcoming challenges, enjoys creating and maintaining positive team relationships and shares our passion for innovation, quality work and producing results to join our dedicated InVivo Team and go to the next level.
We have earned the right to become a trusted source of high quality by serving clients in major high growth verticals such as pharmacology, toxicology, investigational new drug processes, disease models, medical devices, In Vitro, and housing vivarium services for many years.
We are revamping our infrastructure to impact the future of helping innovating pharmaceutical and biotech companies bring safe, effective medicines to market sooner — bring your unique talents and skill to our team and make a big impact. To drive continuous improvement throughout the organization it is essential that the Study Tech II & III be able to effectively build a team of capable resources working in a collaborative environment while developing a culture of accountability, empowerment, continuous improvement, customer focus, collaboration, celebration of good work, involvement and development.
The duties presented are only a summary of duties. The Study Tech II & III serve as the focal point for InVivo activities in all of our facilities therefore they are people of high integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The position of a Study Tech II & III is responsible for helping BTS Research meet their goals in serving and maintaining clients and engaging in a number of projects in parallel, with multiple responsibilities in preclinical research. As a Study Tech II & III, you will be responsible for supporting studies assigned to the team by consistently executing procedures according to protocol and associated SOPs in GLP and non/GLP settings. The work schedule for the Study Tech II & III is established based on operational demands and may fluctuate based on the changing needs of the In Vivo Department.
Although timeliness is essential, it is imperative to understand the importance of maintaining and understanding accurate timelines, accurate supply levels and communicating to the Department Manager(s) to successfully execute all the duties and responsibilities of this evolving position.
ACCOUNTABILITY, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Best practices and standard processes in daily work which support efficiencies, quality, safety, with a customer service focus.
- Basic lab animal handling skills and general lab sanitation.
- Provide proactive animal care support to alert the InVivo team of environmental or unexpected/adverse study-related observations directly impacting animal welfare.
- Consistently completing assignments on time.
- Demonstrate ability to seek out appropriate personnel resources to address non-routine questions.
- Demonstrate ability to comply with all laboratory SOP’s and GLP policies.
- Accurate entry of data including lab IT systems and databases.
- Maintain appropriate documentation as required by protocols and SOP’s according to GLP practices.
- Perform basic bio-methods such as handling (i.e restraint, ear notch, clinical observations, body weights, and so on. . . Dosing (i.e. PO, SC,IP, IV and more), Sample collection (i.e. blood and tissue, and more), basic necropsy.
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Present and interpret study data in meetings, as well as in written documents and reports.
- Contribute to and initiate scientific ideas in line with corporate and program goals.
- Maintain close communication with the program leaders so as to adhere to program goals and time schedules.
- Must be flexible and open to new tasks and challenges
- May administer treatments or mediations according to the orders.
- Assist in general recordkeeping as well as specialized monitoring and surveillance programs.
- Observe and report changes in the health status or condition of animals.
- May perform technical procedures.
- May euthanize animals in accordance with procedures as directed by InVivo Supervisor/Manager.
- Dispose of dead animals as outlined by standard operating procedures.
- May collect blood samples and feces, urine, or other types of specimens from animals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Positive approach and willingness to accept new projects as required.
- Assist in keeping facility neat and free of litter (may sweep, mop, dust, etc.).
- Commitment to follow through on tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision in a safe manner.
- Must be willing and able to work among and across most animal species.
- Must be able to take direction however must successful work independently.
- A plus to understand and be able to develop and utilize in-vivo animal models.
- A plus to understand and be able to compile data, prepare ACUP’s, protocols, reports, prepare graphs, and analysis; GLP and non-GLP data documentation.
- Must have the ability to solve problems, offer solutions, think logically and have a quick and retentive memory.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, respond quickly and efficiently, and keep situations under control, in a fast paced dynamic work environment.
- Able to work with and/or train to staff to work with bio-hazardous or radioactive materials.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency; occasional weekends, early mornings or late nights work may be required
- Able to understand the internal and external needs and impact of duties and responsibilities.
- Must be a flexible, self-starting and self-managing person.
- Quick turn-around requirements on requests and accuracy and thoroughness is critical.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Constantly observes condition of the property’s interior and exterior and immediately reports and/or initiates actions to correct unsafe and/or unacceptable established conditions.
- Consistently seeks out self-improvement opportunities in all aspects with the purpose of improving and training self.
- Sound reasoning ability to effectively prioritize and communicate.
- Able to multi-task and execute with precise attention to detail.
- Good record keeping and attention to detail essential.
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills are a must; Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Travels between BTS facilities, and at times to its clients locations.
- Most importantly we seek individuals who exemplify our BTS Team values:
- Honest Communication
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & SKILLS
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following equipment and tools:
- Knows to use protective devices: gloves, goggles, mask, non-skid water safe shoes, etc.
- Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Always uses products and/or machines as recommended by the manufacturer’s safety instructions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors in an appropriate biological discipline leading to a college level understanding of mammalian physiology, such as: biology, biological sciences, biochemistry, physiology, or pharmaceutical sciences, physiology/pharmacology related in vivo laboratory environment.
- Required Experience
- Minimum 2 years of In Vivo experience.
- Knowledge of Vivarium and/or InVivo procedures and processes, preclinical study implementation and conduct.
- Working knowledge of the process of conduction of non-clinical discovery and development studies in all relevant laboratory animal species.
- Familiar with Drug Development Process and regulatory and clinical considerations.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice regulations and ICH guidelines.
- Understanding of USDA animal welfare regulations and AALAC guidelines is essential.
- Additional experience working with cancer/diabetes/inflammation model highly desirable.
Please note that no formal job description or summary is all inclusive. The direction and/or addition of duties and responsibilities are at the discretion of BTS.
A great working culture that genuinely cares and wants to see you grow, and whose leaders are continually sharing their knowledge and experience. We encourage growth, and present a great career path for the earnest and capable, without the limitations found in other places. Our team takes pride in being a reliable service provider, and continually seeks opportunities to grow in quality and efficiency in areas we serve — Come grow with us!
- Full time position with a competitive base salary.
- Great benefit package after successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Health & Dental
- Paid Time-Off
- Above all a positive supportive company environment.
- Must be eligible for work in the United States of America.
To join our team as a contributing member of our research programs targeted for discovery through IND send your Resume WITH Cover Letter, Salary History & Requirements, AND three (3) professional references (in Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org