BTS Research a well-established, diverse, stable yet growing CRO in beautiful San Diego is seeking a highly motivated, detail orientated, well organized, and skilled Study Director/Principal Investigator (PI); this is a great opportunity for a PhD graduate with the natural ability to lead who loves overcoming challenges, enjoys creating and maintaining positive team relationships and shares our passion for innovation, quality work and producing results. This position will assist in directing the design and management of pre-clinical In Vivo studies, and other studies targeted for discovery through IND.
This Study Director/PI must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, possess a positive attitude, and work well under pressure. The study director needs awareness of research methodology and concepts, regulations, planning and strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These include, but are not limited to:
- Execution and management of all aspects of In-Vivo projects.
- Write protocols and reports and analyze data as needed.
- Coordinate technical staff assignment and manage work calendar on studies assigned.
- Participate with IACUC coordination, generate and submit IACUC protocols.
- Communicate with current or potential Sponsors.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, objectives, safety and environmental standards.
- Participates with study execution under the direct supervision of other Study Director/Monitor (as needed) to help in study needs. Study duties include: requisition of drug materials/supplies, study book preparation, facilitation and arrangement of study needs and execution following Good Laboratory Practice (as needed).
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PRISM.
- Must be flexible and open to new tasks and challenges.
- Must efficiently manage own time to complete laboratory work and associated paperwork.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experiences in assays related to cancer, immunology, pharmacology and toxicology in animal testing.
- Ability to design and carry out complex laboratory experiments and familiarity with research laboratory equipment.
- Experience and skills with laboratory animal handling, drug administration by different routes like PO, IP, IV, IM and tissue sample collection.
- Assist other related procedures as assigned.
- Experience conducting studies including but not limited to: formulation of drugs, animal dosing, blood/tissue samples collection, necropsy, sample preparation for analysis.
- Must be a team-player and able to multi-task with high level attention to details.
- Strong creativity and problem-solving abilities are valued.
- Must have strong work ethic/dependability and flexibility in adapting to change.
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Understanding of experimental design and skills; statistical programs are a plus.
- Travels between BTS facilities.
- May travel to clients or potential client’s locations.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a PhD in a scientific discipline, and 3 – 5 years of laboratory research experience with demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles.
- Full time position with a competitive base salary.
- Great benefit package after successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Health & Dental
- Paid Time-Off
- Above all a positive supportive company environment.
- Must be eligible for work in the United States of America.
To join our team as a contributing member of our research programs targeted for discovery through IND send your Resume WITH Cover Letter, Salary History & Requirements, AND three (3) professional references (in Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org