BTS Research a well-established, diverse, stable yet growing CRO in beautiful San Diego is seeking a highly motivated, innovative, detail orientated, well organized, and skilled In Vitro Immunology Scientist who loves overcoming challenges, enjoys creating and maintaining positive team relationships and shares our passion for innovation, quality work and producing results that will continue to lead BTS to the next level.
Reporting to the departmental director, it is important that candidate have expertise in immunology and/or cancer to provide nonclinical in vitro cell biology and immunology expertise for the evaluation of drug candidates. This scientist will provide scientific expertise and develop cell based assays while building strong internal scientific expertise, and introduce new techniques and models for the evaluation of biologics and small molecules targeting the immune system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Develop and validate efficient molecular and cell-based screening assays to critically evaluate novel agents.
- Design, coordinate and execute key in vitro proof-of-concept studies.
- Identify, evaluate, and support relevant external collaborations.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team efforts through leading specific parts of the project.
- Present regular research updates to project teams and R&D management.
- Develop and optimize functional cellular immunological assays using primary cells from humans and non-human primates.
- Evaluate drug candidates in biochemical and functional assays.
- Execute assay qualification and validation and sample testing in a timely manner.
- Prepare study synopses, protocols and study reports to support nonclinical development of drug candidates.
- Interact/collaborate with various BTS Research functions, business partners, as necessary to ensure appropriate/timely progression of projects.
- Effectively communicate nonclinical findings and their relevance to senior management, project teams, and collaborators.
- Direct experience with T, monocyte, platelet cell functional assays.
- Strong understanding of drug development.
- Experience supporting the development of small molecules, biologics and/or other therapies.
- Strong critical, scientific, and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- High level of initiative, independence, and ability to work unsupervised.
- Ensure effective internal communication to project teams and senior management.
- Good management and leadership skills.
- An extremely high level of motivation and a sustained record of accomplishment throughout your career.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as lead a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to business ethics.
- In depth knowledge of, and hands-on experience with cell based assay development.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills are a must.
- Strong understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Planning, implementation and organization of nonclinical studies.
- Must be flexible and open to new tasks and challenges.
- Sound reasoning ability to prioritize, act and effectively work with other departments.
- Able to multi-task and execute with precise attention to detail.
- Good record keeping and attention to detail essential.
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Most importantly we seek individuals who exemplify our BTS Team values:
- Honest Communication
Doctorate (Ph.D.) or equivalent experience in immunology, cell biology or a related, relevant discipline.
Minimum of 2 years post-doctoral experience focused on innovative research in immunology with proven achievements in industrial or academic settings
- Full time position with a competitive base salary.
- Great benefit package after successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Health & Dental
- Paid Time-Off
- Above all a positive supportive company environment.
- Must be eligible for work in the United States of America.
To join our team as a contributing member of our research programs targeted for discovery through IND send your Resume WITH Cover Letter, Salary History & Requirements, AND three (3) professional references (in Word or PDF format) to email@example.com